MAKE AN EXCITING DISH
Summer is the best time to get into those hobbies you pushed to the side during the year. You have ample free time to read and try out that new dish you’ve been meaning to make! BookSparks team member Maggie, was inspired to create cupcakes inspired by Kiss My Cupcake by Helena Hunting.
Show us what you cook up this summer by tagging @BookSparks and #SRC2021. We can’t wait to try your creations!
How to make Maggie’s Cupcakes
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/4 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 stick melted butter
3 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or line the cupcake pan(s).
2. In a large bowl, beat all ingredients with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Then beat on high speed for 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into cupcake pan(s).
3. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
4. Cool completely (about 30 mins) before frosting.
1. Add sugar and butter to a large bowl and blend well with an electric mixer.
2. Add vanilla to the mix next, and blend completely.
3. Add milk 1 tablespoon at a time, blending completely.
4. Optional: continue blending the frosting until it becomes whipped to make it less concentrated and easier to spread.